The Center is a hub for online information gathering and dissemination. We also host several planned exhibitions every year. Please check our website for regular information updates.
By train and bus
■ Tsukuba Express
Akihabara Station to Tsukuba Station and transfer to bus*
■ JR Joban Line
Ueno Station to Hitachino Ushiku Station, or Arakawaoki Station, or Tsuchiura Station. Transfer to JR bus bound for Tsukuba Center or Kanto Railway bus bound for University of Tsukuba Central. Alight at Tsukuba Center and transfer to bus*
■ Express Bus
Tokyo Station Yaesu-minami (Yaesu South) Exit to Tsukuba Center and transfer to bus*
* Transfer to bus
Take any of the following Kanto Railway buses from Tsukuba Center.
- A. Techno-Park Sakura Route.
- Alight at "Tsukuba Jikkenshokubutsuen Mae (Tsukuba Botanical Garden Mae)" bus stop. 3 min. walk.
- B. Tsukuba Daigaku Route Hidari Mawari Course (Tsukuba University Circle Line, counter-clockwise).
- Alight at "Amakubo 2-chome" bus stop. 8 min. walk.
- C. (Sat., Sun. and holidays only) Tsukuba Science Tour Bus, North course.
- Arrive at "Tsukuba Shokubutsuen (Tsukuba Botanical Garden)" bus stop.
* If you choose to take a taxi from "Tsukuba Center" bus station to "Tsukuba Botanical Garden" bus stop, the ride should take about 5 min.
Take the Joban Expressway "Sakura-Tsuchiura IC" exit and drive north about 8km. Free parking available.
*Parking facilities are not available. We recommend using the train or bus.
4-1-1, Amakubo, Tsukuba-shi, Ibaraki 305-0005